Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mead Should Take Note

I've already made a few trips to some of my favorite stationery stores to stock up on notebooks and journals for the year. I usually find myself loitering at the section with the Morning Glory notebooks that feature entertaining and, as is often the case, completely wacky captions in English. Here is a sampling of some of my favorites thus far...(click on image to enlarge)







6 comments:

Charles said...

I LOOOOOVE Morning Glory! I recently found a website over here that sells them, too. I was *sorely* tempted!

Jimmie said...

That last one made my head asplode.

Anonymous said...

haha, that's really funny.

kath said...

i'd really like to meet some of the people who are responsible for creating these captions. :)

ekim said...

Is it just me, or does it seem that with "globalization," these captions are hewing to more standard english? subject-verb agreement was not its strong suit, as I recall. Even if morning glory is feeling the pressure to join the forward march of global english, I'm glad its unique fortune- cookie-meets-dada aesthetic is still in good form!
great blog, katherine!!

aimee said...

that pink one is my current lanugage notebook.