Saturday, May 23, 2009

Phew!


Yep, it's over! And, fortunately I didn't crash and burn at the Fulbright Forum lecture like my nerves were anticipating the night before. I was delighted to see so many friends and family come out to the talk. At the end, Dr. Larson asked if I wanted to acknowledge anyone in the audience - and so I took the opportunity to thank several people (see picture below). I made the huge mistake, though, of forgetting to call out one of my mentors Choi Haeree (Head Researcher at the Korea Dance Resource Center) who has been tremendously generous with helping me out this year. BIG oops. 

Thanks again to everyone who came out! 

FYI: Normally I'm not so self-indulgent with plastering pics of myself, but this post goes out to my parents. Hi Mom & Dad!


I wonder what I'm saying here? 


Me (happy-to-be-done); Dr. James Larson (Deputy Director at Fulbright Korea); Gary Rector (Former Peace Corps Volunteer, Editor & Translator); Dr. Hilary Finchum-Sung (Assistant Professor of Ethnomusicology at Seoul National University); Dr. Heather Willoughby (Assistant Professor in GSIS at Ewha University); Dr. Kwang-kyu Lee (Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at Seoul National University, former Chairman of the Overseas Korean Foundation); and Dr. Chae Hyun Kyung (Professor of Music at Ewha University)


The Lee side of the family represents! I feel like I should now have a beret.

No comments: