has ensued after spending a week at another drumming camp in the countryside. Just got back into Seoul this afternoon, and then proceeded to sleep off the fatigue for most of the evening. After several days spent drumming and doing a bit of dancing, my calves are achy and I now have arm muscles I never knew existed! Coming back to Seoul, I'm also taking great appreciation in the simple comforts of a bed, a relatively bug-free room, and hot showers.
But, more later...after I attend to a week's worth of e-mails and other business I blissfully avoided during my internet-free sojourn.
(P.S. The picture above has nothing to do with drumming camps, obviously. It was taken exactly one month ago in Insadong, Seoul. I organized a casual dinner with fellow ethnomusicologists who specialize in Korean music. It was a miracle that the timing worked out so well for everyone - some of whom were in town visiting and the rest who live busy lives in Seoul. Definitely a girl's night out - and great fun at that!)

1 comment:
*casual*. hahaa! as if it wasn't madness to plan something like that! but it makes me hungry...glad you are back to hot showers, bed, and down time!
Post a Comment