The rainy season has officially begun. (Here is a very brief rainy soundscape clip - shot from my apartment.) The other day there were torrential downpours and I heard thunder and lightning that I haven't experienced the likes of since I was growing up in Michigan. It hasn't quite reached the point where extreme humidity will set in after the rain - but I imagine that I will catch the beginnings of this in Tokyo. Somehow, I always manage to find myself in Tokyo in the prime of summer - when it is unbearably hot and sticky.
I leave for Tokyo later today. It's already shaping up to be a busy research trip, but I'm excited to reconnect with my Japanese home-stay parents and friends in Tokyo. And it'll be a good reality check to see how much my Japanese has deteriorated from last summer.
More later from Tokyo!

1 comment:
of course i had every intention of calling you before you flew away and then the snowball effect happened and i didn't.
but i will see you when you get back stateside later this year!
xo
Post a Comment